Mittwoch, 15. April 2015

Easter Weekend

Hey guys,

I'm sorry I didn't post anything for two weeks but I didn't feel very good.

So last weekend was Easter and here in Canada we don't get a holiday on Easter, we only get Friday and Monday off. Initially my hostfamily was planning on going up to their bungalow but there was too much snow and we would have had to carry the water to the cabin ourselves because there's no running water. My hostmum's brother who stayed near there told us that at some point during Easter weekend the power at our cabin went off. My hostmum was kind of sad because in twenty-five years she had only missed out one Easter weekend up there.
On Friday, because you are not supposed to eat fish on that day, we had fish & chips (which was delicious) and I woke up sick the next day because of all the grease. :/ On Sunday it was finally Easter and my hostsister and her boyfriend came over for Turkey Dinner. At twelve thirty. I had the smallest portion ever because I still didn't feel good and then we got our Easter baskets. :) They were filled with chocolate, peeps and tortilla chips (we could have gotten any salty snack). :)
My Easter basket! <3
Last Wednesday was International Pink Day and as my school has a GSA (Gay-Straight-Alliance) Club the day was a lot different: during the first period they did a survey about our knowledge of different words related to gender questions. During the second period my Math teacher told us about famous scientist who were "different" and after lunch all the students were to go to the school's theatre room where our school psychologist did a presentation about different gender identities. We watched an interesting short film about a world just like ours, except that homosexuality is common and that heterosexuality is considered abnormal. Students who wanted one, could get a GSA Club t-shirt. I got one and it is way to big for me. ^^
Our BEC GSA T-shirt!
Also it's mid-term time right know which means that we write lots of tests. I had two in Math, one in Economics and I'll have one in English on Friday.

Of course I couldn't only be sick on one weekend but I had to catch a cold that knocked me out for the entire last weekend. :/ But I'm finally starting to do better. The weather is finally getting better too: the snow is melting, the sun is shining and the temperatures are over 0 degres. :)

I'll try to post some pictures soon. Bb,

Magali

P.S.: 75 days over, 75 days to go! O_O

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen